Effective: 1st April 2018
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information:
- identification information, including your age or date of birth and gender;
- contact information, including mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- preferences you have submitted, including your preferred settings for your use of the Services;
- financial information, including bank details, credit card information or other information about your financial circumstances, as applicable;
- comments you make on our websites or blogs, information you provide to us through customer surveys, promotions and competitions, and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites or Services or to our representatives;
- information required for registration for our Services, as applicable;
- details of the Services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either:
- directly from you;
- through your use of our Services; or
- from third party sources.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but if you do so we may not be able to provide you with certain Services or it may affect your ability to use or receive some Services.
Information you provide directly
We may collect information directly from you:
To provide and improve our products and services—we may sometimes collect personal information to assess and analyse our market, customers and Services, to enable us to monitor, review and improve the Services which we offer and for internal record keeping purposes. Subject to the direct marketing section below, we may also use your personal information for marketing purposes.
For surveys, promotions or competitions—we may collect information from you in customer surveys, prize draws, competitions or promotions. We may also use this information to monitor or improve customer satisfaction, to improve our Services and (subject to the direct marketing section below) for marketing purposes.
To assist with your queries—you may choose to provide us with your name or other contact details when you call us by phone, write to us or email us, so that we can respond to your query and send you information about our products and services.
As part of our general business operations and administration—STTOKE may collect personal information from you in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
Other information—about your use of the Services, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
As part of our general business operations and administration—STTOKE also collects personal information in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
Information from third-party sources
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways described to you in any applicable terms and conditions, terms of service or collection statements.
We use the personal information we collect (and may combine it with other information about you) to, among other things
- Provide the Services you request;
- Understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience; and
- Provide customised content and advertising.
- Affiliates—the STTOKE family of companies.
- Business partners—trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers and suppliers— including companies that provide services to, for, or on behalf of STTOKE.
- Law enforcement—when we are required to do so or to protect STTOKE and its users.
How do we use your information and why?
We may use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- to register you for a Service;
- to provide a Service or feature you request and to operate our websites and online platforms;
- to assist with your queries;
- to provide customised content and make recommendations based on your past activities on our Services;
- to maintain and develop our business systems, including for testing and upgrading purposes;
- for our general business operations and administration;
- to register you on our websites, to administer our website Services (including processing any searches or requests for information about our Services), and to allow you to use those Services (e.g. blogs, open forums, location based services and discussion pages);
- for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements and sponsored content and sending you promotional communications;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers and Services (including asking you for your opinions on our Services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to conduct customer surveys, competitions, prize draws or promotions, as permitted by law;
- as required or authorised by law; and
- otherwise with your consent.
To whom do we disclose your personal information and why?
Affiliates. Your information may be shared among STTOKE affiliates. We may disclose your information to any company in the STTOKE group (which includes our affiliates and related companies, contractors to whom we have outsourced the provision of services to our customers and any other entity operating under the STTOKE brand name with authority from STTOKE).
Business Partners. We may share your information with our trusted business partners. They may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
Service providers and suppliers. We may disclose your information to our service providers, suppliers, contractors, dealers, distributors, resellers, agents, and business partners who help us deliver a Service to you or provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf.
Our Professional Advisers. We may disclose your information to our professional advisors in the course of obtaining professional advice.
Other Parties When Required or Authorised by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of STTOKE, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy. We may disclose your personal information to anyone to whom all, or any part, of our assets or business are transferred.
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant promotional communication. In some cases, you may be able to make choices in relation to specific Services through the Service’s settings or when we give you a collection statement.
Offshore Disclosure of Personal Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information or Making a Complaint
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the personal information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Services may link to third party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third party websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. STTOKE is not responsible for these third party products or services and you should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to such third party products and services.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
- Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
- We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn.
If you connect with a social networking service while using a Service or Device, we may receive and store authentication information from that social networking service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these services.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a Device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features users are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of those Services.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to cookies, in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your Device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to configure them using standard browser tools and settings. For more information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
We, along with certain third parties, may also use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your Device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyse the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
We may also use or disclose your personal information to provide you with information about products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our Services or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may send you such information by email, telephone, SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic messages, post, fax or smartphone or other smart-device applications, social networking websites or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time.
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant marketing communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal information, make a complaint or change your preferences in respect of direct marketing, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.
[Hyperlinked Key Terms]
[Provide customised content and make recommendations]: We may use personal information we collect about you to provide you with customised content and make recommendations that are based in part on your past activities on our Services.
[Improve them and develop new products and services]: We may use information we collect to understand the way you use the products and Services we offer so that we can improve them and develop new products and Services. For example, we may use this information to make better-informed decisions about the use of our Services and the selection of STTOKE and third party content and information that is accessible through our Devices and Services.